04-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #105
Signature Wheel BMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Signature BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Beautiful wheels, but after seeing your post I actually marked my wheels/tires at the next 2 track events and found zero slippage. I get vibrations purely as a result of balancing weights flying off. Results may vary.

My shop also mentioned that once you mount the tire on a knurled lip, you can never remount it or rotate it (like for better balancing) because of the impressions made by the bead will never match again perfectly.

What is your take on that?
I called the owner of SteelCase Tires (Toronto, Canada), Richard, to help me answer this question for you. So the answer is unbiased. Richard has a time attack car with Podium status in Canada and sells about 800 sets of race tires a year, 100 of them are mounted on wheels with antislip knurling bead tread. He has never had a single issue or ever heard of issues on re-mounting tires that has already been mounted on a set with antislip knurling bead tread wheels.

For the weights flying off issue, have you tried using HVAC aluminum tapes on the weights?