View Single Post
      12-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #368
Justin*
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
I read a lot of comments about rattles in the f30, including on 2013 and 2014 models. And of course the rusty seat "issue" for many.

And, obviously this is just anecdote, but I see TONS of e46 and e90 m3s around here and plenty of 3-series in general. This is SE PA and NJ though.

I'm just saying neither the 3-series nor M3 is a rare car anymore. BMW moved to be a mass-market vehicle a number of years ago and have been very successful.

I'm not saying the Mustang won't be higher volume, but these arguments about exclusivity are....odd. Sure, you'll see 5 mustangs a day in 5 years. And you'll see 2 M3's.
Honestly, I think it just must be your local area. In Dallas/Fort Worth; I see maybe three M3's every three months or so....maybe. In our general area the range is lower middle class to wealthy within 10 miles. M3's are pretty rare. There is one e92 M3 in the neighborhood across from mine. I see it every few weeks. Conversely, there are a ton of 3 series all over the place.

*I'm much more of a home body now than I used to be since the kids. So, maybe that is a contributing factor*