View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Interested in this thread...

First, ntg44, I want to give a big thanks for your other write-ups on the Damptronic kit. I'm hoping maybe you and/or other folks on this thread could put up with some dumb questions from a suspension noob -- I'm trying to get smarter with this stuff but I find it a challenging topic.

I currently have the MP HAS on my ZCP. After warranty expires, and with me getting more serious with tracking the car, I'm thinking about what's next for suspension to help maximize grip through fast corners and have been looking at the Damptronic kit.

Would someone be willing to briefly explain how one thinks about springs in relation to dampers, how this affects ride height and so forth (I understand that lowering springs, for example, are shorter, but therefore necessitate higher rates, which then have the effect of reducing the usable travel of the damper, right?)... The Damptronic kit comes with its own springs, correct? From what I've researched, the rates for these haven't been documented. How would one know whether the MP HAS springs are "compatible" with the Damptronic kit? When I say "compatible", I mean that they will physically fit, how they affect the damper function, and how they then affect ride height. (Again, sorry, these are quite basic)

Also, can one adjust the ride height with the Damptronic kit by itself? Meaning, that's an inherent quality of the kit without need for additional mods?

Thanks for any insights guys/gals...
Appreciate 0