View Single Post
      01-02-2023, 08:03 AM   #41
BRAKE!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesandcreaM3 View Post
I will be in Spartanburg for 2 day M school this month. Any recommendations on what to wear? Never been on track or HPDE before.

I’ve read elsewhere cotton isn’t breathable and flammable. Dry fit gear is breathable but still flammable. Merino wool is an option but wasn’t trying to buy a full set of merino clothing just for the track day. Jeans and a long sleeve shirt?

Wasn’t sure the likelihood of catching fire. Formula 1 fires I’ve seen. 2 day m school probability significant lower/rarely happens?
Hey, no need to wear a flame-retardant racing suit. It was never a worry I had nor did the instructors even mention it. I wore a tee shirt and golf shorts. IIRC in the welcome email, it encourages you to wear comfortable clothing with the only requirement being closed toed shoes.

I can appreciate the concern you have for safety. I felt that the BMW folks designed the program in such a way that you feel safe and comfortable with challenging by choice. This will be an amazing time for you, relax and have fun!!!
Appreciate 1