View Single Post
      12-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
In Extremis
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee-m-w View Post
The RS5 has them listed for $6000. It's a bit absurd to have a single option that is more than 10% of the base price of the car.
Not if you will truly use them or are into modding. I'm in the market for a new car for me (IDC if it's used or new, as long as it's what I want and low miles). Having been getting bored with even my FBO semi stripped e92 m3, I want something more extreme and luxury is starting to go out the window for me. I've seriously been considering a 996tt with engine mods, cage, sparcos (mine are leather and alcantara/CF and made for a gt3 so the interior still has a hint of luxury) akra, volks, and jrz pros. Most would consider that a rather old car to dump that kind of money into it. Or I could do the smart thing and buy a new car with a warranty, but... I'm not that practical. The other cars I'm considering with the same setup above includes another 2008-2010 m3s with blower or a c6 z06, or maybe even an e46 m3, 135is or even a twin clutch evo with built motor, like a totally done up cosworth deal. Again, kind of old or cheap cars to dump serious cash and tuning into, but I'm in love with the game! Or I might just buy the base model of the new corvette when it's available and mod slowly. Lately I've been itching for some real muscle, and supercharged built motor vettes are truly intoxicating. The c7 apparently has only 2 parts carried over from the c6 and drives much with much more stability on road courses.

Ahh first world problems, an overused but very true phrase.
Appreciate 0