07-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #88
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
so you're comparing the coupe msport to the sedan? check out the e90 lci msport.

that's pretty much the same to me. even more similar shapes than compared to e92 with minor differences.

imo the curves to the msport don't match the angles of the front of the car. they could have made it something more like the new 6..
I do agree that the overall design language is the same, and expectedly so, but the individual styling details are markedly different between the two cars. It's a fine line that BMW has to walk -- the jump from the E46 to the E90 was a revolutionary one, so the designers had a cleaner slate to work with. The E90 to F30 transition is much more evolutionary, so the designers need to maintain some connection between the two generations while still giving the new car its own distinctive cues, which I think they've done.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0