03-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #126
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
We all like to get good fuel mileage if possible, but this is an M car and the economy of it should be the last thing on your mind. Whatever BMW claims this car will achieve for MPG, it will be with auto start/stop, Eco-Pro modes, or whatever shit they can con the EPA with. My real world MPGs for my prior M3 and wife's current X1 are well below BMW's estimates, probably because we don't use their econo nannies.
in this day and age it is on everyone's mind and none more than the company that built this car. its not just for saving expenses on a commodity that only will get more expensive to use but also in emissions. its the very reason this car has a small twin turbo inline 6.

i certainly drive my cars, but i also intend to use this car as a daily driver. economy does factor in. if anything an M3 has always been a jack of all trades.

i agree with what a previous commenter said. any improvement over the previous generation is welcome considering the performance gains. who doesn't want a more effecient engine?