View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #65
wilsonxu93
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Sorry for hearing and seeing this. My 18 M3 got T-bone last month with a mustang lost control merging onto highway in a light rain day, similar to your car ( bumper, hood, one of the headlamps, radiator, suspension, steering rack, wheels, tires, all that, etc) except my passenger side ( door and fender) got damaged as well. My car looks to be totaled but since it's only 11K miles the insurance decided to fix it with $27,000 (I know it's a lot but it's much cheaper to them). In your case, since you drove 29k miles, depends on the threshold from your state, repair amount need to be more than 70% of current cash value of the car to be claimed as totaled, it varies by states(you can look it up). My car is a lease like yours so no worries about the diminished value. I totally understand your feeling, it really fxxking hurts, especially you are not at fault. But other than the repair amount, unless your car is claimed not safe to drive or any frame damage to affect the structure of the car, then the insurance company is most likely to repair it. And plus, BMW financial won't force insurance company to total it, since they have contract with you, not the insurance company, so most likely you have to pay the rest until your lease is up. That's exactly what happened to me, I know it's pretty frustrating, but I do hope your car is claimed to be totaled, so insurance can pay your lease.

Hope my share helps. Good luck with everything Man.
Appreciate 0