j2dad5389
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I'm keeping it for two reasons:

1. If they keep those concept grills the car is butt ugly and nobody telling me I'm going to get used to it is going to change my mind. That's bullshit, I never thought the F80/82/83 was ugly and that I'd get used to it, I loved it right away. The concept M4 is a turd as is, nothing is changing that. It's about as ugly as they could have made it in the front along with the indistinguishable from the rear Lexus look.

2. The F80/82/83 are perhaps the most reliable M cars ever. For the first time in around 20 years of M ownership I'm not worried about Vanos, oil pumps, or rod bearings while I'm out in the wild enjoying my car. There's no way I'm dumping a perfectly awesome car just because something newer has come out, especially with unproven reliability. Dumping something that 99.9% of the world population would be happy to own just to get something "new" is the definition of stupidity. Basically nobody will be able to tell the differences between the new/old models anyway, just like nobody knows the difference between Xenon and LCI headlights on these cars except for the owners themselves (hell I didn't even know until around six months of ownership). It's all in the heads of the pretentious to think other wise.

Love my car.
Love everything that you just said. How about the spun crank hub to your 2nd point? Any worries there? I’m a new F82 owner (out of warranty) and it’s always sitting in the back of my mind..
Appreciate 3
CSanto640.00
NickyC17643.50