11-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #108
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
[sarcasm on]

Yes definitely. How could they dream of charging the same for the CS as Porsche charges for an amish edition 911 without a LSD!! The nerve!!!

[sarcasm off]
Its about value. If Porsche released a $69k 911 "even-more-amish" edition that had roughly 95%+ of the performance of current base Carrera, the enthusiast community would lineup outside their nearest Porsche dealership to buy one. But that model doesn't exist, so instead you have the base Carrera serving as the entry level model with a $100k price tag. And you're right - it doesn't evoke much excitement does it?

Yet, here BMW is presenting the M3 CS and asking people to get excited about it's $100k price tag. Ok, well, if you are excited about this car at that price, then you should be through-the-roof ecstatic that you can get a standard M3 with - you guessed it - about 95% of the performance for 2/3 the price. Even better - you can order one today. And furthermore, instead of facing dealer markup, you can negotiate a discount.

Quote:
Fortunately this car will be purchased by people interested in M3s and performance, not posers who would prefer to hard park their car and use the badge on the hood as a proxy for the length of some body parts
Will it? In my experience, the likelihood for badge whoring goes up as the performance/$ ratio goes down. Just my opinion and my take.
Appreciate 6
minn1914012.00
ONE1125.00
JTO245271.50
ctgeorge313.50