01-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #11
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
what do u mean after having them now? bad experience? porsche ?

I love the look of them, especially the color. I've always loved gold style calipers, starting back from when the G35's/350z's 6mt's came standard w/ gold brembos. What I'm saying is, since they calipers are coming painted, might as well change them to a different color other than black but would that be poser"ish" lol
On a GT3RS. They look great, but too delicate and once they wear out, which is quickly on track, extremely expensive to replace.

Also far fewer pad compound options, and anytime your car is being worked on you'll be concern a tech will drop a wheel on the rotor and chip it. I'd count on getting studs if CCB to make wheel R&R more error free.

With the Porsche track crowd, you'll see lots of yellow calipers but with steel rotors. Their PCCBs are either in a box for resale, or have been sold. A near new set brings $7K.

I love the way they look. But for $7500 VERY few people will notice and even fewer will be able to take full advantage of, I'd rather put the money towards an Akrapovic exhaust or non-two tone forged wheels.
Appreciate 0