View Single Post
      06-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #62
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
You're over 50k miles already? With 6 oil services, on your 3rd one, they didn't offer you to swap plugs?
Yes, I'm at 69k miles. They did change the plugs at the third service per the maintenance schedule. They are scheduled to be changed every 3rd service, or at least that was what was reported earlier in this thread. Because the car is turbocharged, it needs new plugs relatively frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
That price and time allocation seems absurd but probably par for the course for a dealership. In the future you could likely spend less than half of that if you just order the plugs online and bring to a local indy shop for the work.
That's probably what I'll do. I had my E46 serviced at a private shop after 50k miles due to the valve adjustments being so expensive, but just used the dealership after 50k for my E93 because it wasn't too expensive. With these spark plug changes being so regular and so pricey, it's probably time to go back to a private shop.

To be clear, I ended up telling him to hold off on the plug change. I just couldn't stomach paying that much. I'll shop around and have them changed out soon.
Appreciate 0