View Single Post
      05-24-2021, 03:59 PM   #1
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Advice Needed M3/M4 vs v8 6.3L C63 AMG

Hey Guys,

Last year I sold my E60 M5. It was an absolute joy to own and now I am in the market for a weekend toy. Currently I am looking into the 6.3L C63 AMG (P31 Package or 507 edition) or the F8x M3/M4. Youtube doesn't have that many comparison videos so trying to do research has been tough.

I am trying to spend under $45k and need some advice on which is the better option from anyone thats driven and or owned both.

What I like about the 6.3L C63 AMG:
- P31 Package has the connecting rods, pistons, and crankshaft from the SLS’s version of the engine and retuned to 481hp and 6-piston brakes
- 507 Edition includes the P31 and is 507hp
- Great low mileage and clean P31s on market
- The exhaust!!

What I dislike about the C63:
- Out-dated interior
- I haven't heard much about its reliability
- After owning an M-car I miss BMW
- 507 Edition is very tough to find and when I do they are over-priced. I'm not fond of paying $55k for a car thats from 2014.

What I like about the M3/M4:
- Love the M brand
- Lots of tuning potential
- Newer look & better interior
- Technology (Apple car play etc)

What I dislike about the M3/M4:
- Used market often has questionable history, multiple owners, and high mileage
- Hard to find a YMB with SO interior or a White with SO interior
- G80's questionable front end has driven the prices of the F80 platform up
- Hard to find a good deal. BMW dealership thats about 40min from me has a 2015 m4 white on black with an accident on the Carfax with 70k miles for $40k and they won't budge on price.
- The exhaust

If anyone can help guide me in the right direction that would be really appreciated. I work from home and hardly drive my daily and when I do I drive less than 100 miles a week. I am not in a rush but I really do miss having a car to decompress after a long week.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0