Thread: F80 to 991.2 4S
View Single Post
      01-28-2021, 11:14 AM   #1
OGMthree4real
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 Avus Blue, Comp Pack

F80 to 991.2 4S

I decided to make the switch from a 2018 F80 all options expect full leather and CCB's. I picked in up in the summer of 18' enjoyed it year round until I sold it. I got a personal offer that was too hard to refused based on low mileage and ind color that was numbered. 7/2xx. I sat on the offer for about a month and then accepted it.

In that month I researched the 911 range from Base to Turbo S. I have had much seat time in a 15 Targa 4S and felt it needed a little bit more push. The F80 blows the doors off the 991.1 series outside the turbo. The F80 was a blast to drive. I related it to a rocket-ship, it blasts off and you hold on tight. I have read a post describing the M division of late as German muscle cars and I agree completely. I prefer to push the car a little to achieve maximum performance vs push the pedal and arrive at 100+ so quickly that the next things you see is red lights in your rearview mirror.

I arrived to the decision to purchase a 991.2 another turbo 6 so again the sound is lacking but acceptable. The drive home proved the 911 had similar low end torque characteristics as the F80. ..I felt the rate at which speed was achieved was not as aggressive. The 4wd option may have also played a role. To make a long story short the 911 is an excellent replacement for the F80 for me.

It's been fun reading and posting with this community. The forum is a great place for anyone interested in anything to do with a particular issue or question. Stay safe and drive on.

OGMThree4real
Appreciate 3