MRJCB
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapple
Fitted mine yesterday. heres what I found

1. install is simple. rears take around 30 minutes on a lift. just remove inner lower arm bolts and shock mount bolts, level sensor arm and lower arm down until spring is loose, remove and refit new springs

2. Front is also simple, remove adaptive suspension wires and any covers from topmounts, slacken all 6 topmount bolts (one is under a brace but can remove bolts from 1 side and lift enough to remove) remove pinch bolt from hub, remove track rod arm and front stabiliser arm from hub and then support hub assembly. remove the topmount bolts and you can swing the damper down past the arch and out ready for spring swap, then refit.

3. I noticed on both sides that if you turn the hub from side to side once assembled with the eibachs the topmounts click, did this on both sides despite them being fitted 100% correctly. once sat on the floor this noise does not happen. it seems that the eibach coils sit at a slight angle causing the topmount bearing to not sit flush when damper is extended. will check again in a week.

4. ride height - rear is perfect, front is a huge improvement over stock. will post some pics later.

5. Ride quality - much like stock, steering feels a bit more direct but thing a geometry check will find that its toeing in a bit on the front. nice and compliant/soft over bigger bumps and not crashy or jarring at all but smaller rough road surfaces it does seema little harsher, more testing needed to be sure.
Yes please, more feedback when you're able to!!!
Appreciate 0