View Single Post
      05-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #109
unagi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Exactly! It seems we all agree that BMW seems to be trading away its old customer base which helped shape its brand image for a larger market of new customers like this who just want raw performance numbers even without the visceral experience that made BMW an object of desire. The old customers are all lamenting that the M4 may be evolving more toward a Nissan GT-R experience -- fast and soulless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplee View Post
I agree that it's questionable whether driving experience/excitement is a primary factor for you. I'm probably BMW's target audience for this new M3/4. I think much of the BMW line up is now targeted at average consumers vice purists, and that's me, an average consumer. I've always lusted after an M3 but never owned one; never even driven one. I'm buying mine without a test drive. I've been a turbo enthusiast my whole driving life and I don't mind muted exhaust notes. In fact I love them. What matters to me when I spend money is to get the most bang for the buck; the best of all possible worlds. That is torque on tap from an engine that won't penalize me with 15mpg every time I move the car. I want comfort, versatility, dare I say "practicality" if such a thing exists in the $60k+ realm. I just don't know who is doing that better this year than BMW. Those are all my important factors though and yes, "different strokes", "to each his/her own", etc.
Appreciate 0