View Single Post
      01-21-2020, 11:49 AM   #90
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

The problem is and will be for a long time, you can pull up pretty much anywhere in the Country and fill your tank up when empty in 3 minutes, and drive another 300+miles.

Tesla..yeah, even if you have a rapid charger, you are sitting for 45min to get 80%...and you just need to plan for everything...like your stupid cell phone or smart watch...watching the battery level all the time and planning your life around an electrical outlet.

When they figure that out...people will finally be on board, and then, your average person whom their entire life has pulled up to a gas station and understands the issues/dynamics of that....great..but my wife would never charge the thing and find it dead in the morning while rushing out the door to work...oh now what?? Many people live/spend their lives staring at phones half the day, literally, and wondering about charging and battery life...now apply that to a car that needs the same attention and thought to get about? Shouldn't be that complicated for $50-90K electrical car. Infrastructure and charge rates are the main obstacle for 95% of consumers.
2011ninja3396.00