View Single Post
      01-25-2019, 09:10 PM   #19
A47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
I haven't tried the app yet, my dongle is still on its way (damn USPS takes FOREVER), but I can answer your question since my car was already remotely coded - I got THOR to experiment with the stock / CS / GTS codings a little more and see what differences I feel.

The steering and diff coding are both well worth it in my opinion. I currently have both of those modules coded to GTS.

Compared to the standard ZCP coding, the steering feels more natural with a lot less of a dead zone right off center. Sport and Sport+ felt unnecessarily firm like the steering wheel was just resisting turning for no reason especially at low speeds so I would always use Comfort steering mode. After the coding, I use Sport steering at all times. It feels just right to me.

The differential coding is less immediately obvious but I feel like I can more easily power out of higher speed turns and feel the traction available whereas the ZCP rear diff programming was quicker to over power the rear tires and/or trigger traction control. My impression is that ZCP is set up to be more of a hooligan, more willing to kick the tail out, while the GTS programming is a little more serious, more willing to search for traction. I get the impression that lockup is increased a little more gradually vs the ZCP programming which would explain what I'm feeling. It's a subtle difference but one I really like. When I want to slide the car, it still locks up and gets nice and sideways but I just feel like I have an easier time *not* sliding when I don't want to.
Hi,any update yet?Thanks.
Appreciate 0