Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
That's awesome thanks for sharing. They really do drive so well when they're dialed in, and since my speedometer reads 7 mph high at cruising speeds I believe that I'm about to blast off into space in 5th gear.

Here's my '93 as of yesterday. I can't even start to list what I've done to it but I'm pretty sure I'm close to doubling the cost of the car and it still rattles and squeaks like a junkyard special ��
On Speedlines no less!

Never been a VW boy, I mean I like them, but it's great how much of a cult following the 90s and 00s VWs have. I've been to the Wörthersee meet in Austria once, it was nuts.

And it's interesting and sad how the affordable sports coupe segment has just died over the years.
It's funny you mention that. I honestly never loved VW and have only owned one other than this (one of the dieselgate wagons) but a guy I knew back in the day had a nugget yellow G60 and I wanted to buy it so badly. His price was way out of my range as an 18 y/o but I never forgot about it and resolved a couple years back to find a good one.

They were really cheap 5-10 years ago but the survivors are getting expensive. IIRC only 5k VR6s were sold in North America so there really aren't many left running.
Appreciate 0