Lf ground to fender ~27 3/8"
Bottom lip to fender ~25"
Lr ground to fender ~26 7/8"
Bottom lip to fender ~24 1-4"
Rr ground to fender ~26 5/8"
Bottom lip to fender 23 15/16"
Rf ground to fender ~27 3/8"
Bottom lip to fender ~25"
Thank you!! So my front end seems pretty accurate, passenger rear almost accurate, and driver rear off by ~ 1/2". I'll need to look into whether the stock suspension is adjustable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
This has been a thing since forever and people still don't understand it.
Please read posts, or at least my posts, more clearly before shitting on them.

Quote:
BMWs have a larger rear wheel arch than in the front. This makes people think it's got rake to it - meanwhile the side skirt, if you look at it, is mostly level with the ground.
My original post said, "...the rear end...lower than the front...appears to be largely factory..."

Quote:
If you want totally even wheel gap, you will end up with rather great positive rake which has its implications on driving dynamics and weight distribution.
My original post did not state I was seeking totally even wheel gap.

Quote:
Recommended ride height with MP HAS is not the same as stock.
Thank you (seriously) for confirming my assumption.

Quote:
You're also measuring ground to fender whilst the MP HAS document clearly shows that BMW measures alloy wheel bottom to fender.
And I also measured "bottom of rim to fender", and listed those measurements directly under ground to fender.

Quote:
Not sure what you want to tow with your car, but I can think of thousands of better solutions to your problem than installing air bags on this fine driving machine for the sake of towing shit with it.
No one on this forum is sure what I want to tow with my car; because I didn't include that in my OP. What I'm towing, and anyone's opinion of whether I should tow anything, is irrelevant. I asked whether anyone knew of a product similar to the one I am seeking. Aside: if you can think of thousands of better solutions, I am jealous of your free time or mental computing power
Appreciate 0