View Single Post
      10-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I appreciate your desire for precision, but to be perfectly honest I think your post actually makes things even more confusing. Did you see the M4 ED thread?

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=884483

Throughout the thread there is language similar to what I used, and everyone seems to be on the same page (including dealership representatives).
I did read the thread and enjoyed it, especially at the point where someone referred to ED as erectile dysfunction.
To me, when you're negotiating (if you're so inclined) a deal for a new car, precision is important.
Creating a relationship between allocations and ED pricing is not only, I think, inaccurate, but adds an unnecessary level of complexity to the discussion between dealer and customer. This type of obfuscation, I think, favors the dealer and so, it's not all that surprising they use term in this forum. More accurate and more profitable for the consumer to draw a straight line between ownership, supply and demand.
Please don't misinterpret my regard for dealers. I have great respect for them and their employees. It's just that when it's time to buy a car, things change a bit.
Appreciate 0