Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Does anyone have recent auction data for 2017 M4 sales? Just curious to see what they've been selling for, or rather what people have been getting on a trade in for them.

Thanks in advance for any relevant info!
Take the car to Carmax and get them to give you an offer.

More accurate than any data from Mannheim at this point on 2017 M4s.
Usually i might agree with this, but i just sold my 2016 M3 today after getting multiple bids over the last couple of weeks. BMW offered $52k, CarMax offered $47k. Not even close.
Carmax is a much more objective offer. They don't care whether you buy another car from them or not and simply quote you blindly off their data. It's best to use as a baseline/minimum amount you could get with ease. Just tell them you accept and you will have a check in hand 30min later.

A dealership is a negotiation process just like buying a car. They have so much room to work with on the buy/sell and will move each to reach an agreement with the customer.
Yeah, i sold my M5 to CarMax a couple years ago so I'm familiar with the process and was happy with their offer at the time. I've gone through the appraisal process with my wife's car too, and it seemed accurate. So usually my experience has been that their offers are on point.

This time i was just surprised how low their offer was. It's worth mentioning that I let CarMax and BMW both know up front i wasn't buying another car so they both had that knowledge. No negotiation involved as the transaction was purely a sale...in their eyes they actually knew i wasn't a customer.

And BMW still beat the CarMax offer by more than 10%.

Again, usually I'd agree CarMax is a good direction to start but they lowballed me this time. Just trying to help the OP know multiple bids are a good idea.
Appreciate 0