View Single Post
      12-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #173
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
As someone who had an '09 C63 and now has an M3 I would really only consider the new C-AMG if they offer it with a true DCT. I wouldn't hold my breath over the manual since that won't happen. The DCT really adds to the fun of driving the M3 for me compared with the slow to shift gear automatic.

Even though they offered a single clutch pack automatic in recent years it is still not a great transmission for a sporty car.
From what I've read, the newer MCT does a lot to close the gap that existed between the original 7G-Tronic with AMG Speedshift and a modern DCT.

But I definitely agree that the DCT is a key part of the M3 experience and I would not be eager to go back to a traditional planetary automatic, even with the wet clutch. I've never owned a car with such a transmission - only manual and DCT. So it definitely warrants a test drive. In fact I will be comparing the transmissions in the 435i, C400, M4, and C AMG regardless of whether the latter ends up with a DCT or not. I want to understand exactly how each rates on the overall scale.
Appreciate 0