04-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #46
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gago1101 View Post
I read in many posts that CCBs are not covered by maintenance. I see no mention anywhere on the website that it is not covered. I think it used to say in small print for the M5 CCB option, but that has been removed. I also don't see how BMW can refuse to change them even if you track the car. These cars supposed to be made for occasional tracking.
These cars are indeed built to handle some track use, but that doesn't mean BMW is willing to subsidize such activity. Ultimate Service in general has always excluded levels of wear incurred by use on a racetrack. CCB or not, if you come in needing new pads and/or rotors more often than BMW deems reasonable, while they won't refuse to change them, they won't pay for it either.

Interesting catch that the Ultimate Service note about CCBs has been removed, though. I'm not sure that's an actual change in policy, but even if it is, BMW could again claim (correctly) that on a car driven on the street shouldn't need CCB rotors or pads within the Ultimate Service 50K miles, and probably not even the Extended Maintenance period, and therefore that if a car comes in needing service, chances are that the car is being used for more than street driving, which in turn wouldn't be covered. So the CCB service exclusion could simply be implicit rather than explicit now.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 1