Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
"Swimming in it" can't be one of them.
just trying to help you lemonade this stuff ...

On another note, how are the airports / flights / hotels? Amateur hour or what? Packed? What's the skinny?
Lucia airport was typically 3rd world, met expectations. There were very severe restrictions on the island concerning tourists. You really couldn't leave your hotel. You had to have a certified Covid driver take you on excursions. I don't think we could've gone to a local restaurant off the property. They took our temperature before every dinner, before we could be seated. They were pretty adamant about you wearing your mask indoors or outdoors, unless you're eating or drinking. The only place it really didn't happen, obviously, was around the pools and the beach.
St. Lucia was beautiful. Best snorkeling I have ever had. If you go there, just stay around sugar beach, or one of the sandals resorts, or near them. Our Resort was an old Club Med, probably built in 1975 or so, the Club Med closed down after 9/11. The property really hadn't been upgraded very much. I don't understand how on Costco they could give it a 4.4 out of 5. But we had a really good time, the food was decent, just like every other all inclusive. In spite of the kelp (much more than ocean beach in San Diego) on the beach, the water was very clear, and there really wasn't any kind of undertow. And the beach itself was actually very nice.

And I never want to connect to another flight in Miami ever again.
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50