Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
Hey GG!

Loooong time no chat or post from me (I know) - but happy to see the SSOTT (MK II) still going strong.

….as for what's up, you know, stuff.

Family? Good. Healthy. Has made it through the 'vid so far without anyone testing positive. Canada being a little slower to get the vaccines rolling, we are all good on 1st doses and just coming up to second doses in the next few weeks. I've been working from home since….uh….last March (like 6 days in the office in that time?) which has been grand. I spent most of the winter at our place in the mountains (on a ski hill) so had like 60+ days on the boards this winter. Which was awesome.

Work has been insanely busy - the best/worst thing about working from home is I am super portable BUT I am also always pretty much 'on' (this weekend is the first in a looong time I haven't really worked.). Don't mind it much as for the most part it has been great (did I mention the more than 1 million vertical feet of skiing I did this winter?) but….its certainly a thing.

Still driving the ole M3 ("Lucy") but actually very sparingly this winter. I literally still have a half tank of gas that I put in her in….uhhh….December.

BUT, in other news, as I prophesized years ago on the original SSOTT thread I am now on the cusp of realizing my full on wagon wet dream ("WWD") for short and have an E63 long-roof coming sometime in the next couple months. (Really looked at the RS6 too, which looks sooooooo lovely, but….I actually need the cargo *******

Otherwise, what else? I dunno. I continue to watch all the developments with the GQP down there. I remember when Trump was running in '16 and that Solstice guy thought I overstated how crazy the fucker would be. Man, if there is one person I would say "uhhhh, yeah, I fucking told you so" about, it would be him. But I think even I understated it (and my expectations were as low as imaginable)

Looking forward to a Rona free (lessened?) world. I am actually supposed to be heading to Finland next summer with my daughter so she can play some ringette (in the only other country that really plays it) so should try to find Lups over there….

How about you guys? What have I missed? Do you all want to vomit on the grille of the G80 as much as I do and HOLEE PHUQ how could they add 500 FUCKING POUNDS to my car to make that thing? I love BMWs but….I gotta say, that front end design was a big swing and a miss for me. I assumed I'd trade up Lucy for the new one but…..I think I'll hang on to her for a while longer. (Only about 58,000 km on her so far so, why not?)

How have you been? What has happened in your lives?

-myz.
Hmmm, nothing much really.

BMW is splitting it's own community in half with that dumb design. BP has been blocking all negative comments regarding the G8x and banning members from the G8x section because of it.

Personally moving away from BMW as a whole. That's about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
WWD? Lol, that's a great acronym! That Will be my most sought after car after my kids graduate from college. Nice choice in cars. And I hate most of the big grills too. Even though Audi does better with the big grills.
yeah, i said for years i was going to do it.

Wavered a bit. Canada has (well, had, as it is running out) an E53 AMG option too. Many of the same features as the 63 (including a not bad exhaust and a decent amount of HP (430) but quite a bit less $$$.

…..and i thought about that.

And the RS6 Avant really does look great. Really

….and we thought about that.

BUT fortunately one of our local Benz dealers let us drive a 63 wagon (owner's wife's car) and….yeah. it was just no comparison to the 53. The 53 was "nice" and "fine" the 63 made me giggle every time i hit a downshift to get snap crackle and pop. and punching it off the line made my F80 seem tame. very tame.

it will be a wonderful car. Plus i can haul 2 teens, a dog, and 4 sets of clubs. or skis. or whatever. and still blow the doors off anything that comes near me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post

Hmmm, nothing much really.

BMW is splitting it's own community in half with that dumb design. BP has been blocking all negative comments regarding the G8x and banning members from the G8x section because of it.

Personally moving away from BMW as a whole. That's about it.
yeah, I've only briefly looked at the G80 forum and it seems lots of strong opinions.

i actually took Lucy in for her January service (whoops!) today and was looking at some new 3 series (not an M3, but 440) with the new grille and….in person it looks better than in pictures, I guess, but it is still just not a great looking car.

and, of course, this is the M3 BMW decided to turn into a wagon.

(random aside, as a 3rd family car, I picked up a VW Golf Alltrack this fall so i could easily drive to/from the mountains in winter if i was heading out there on my own….so we are now a 2 wagon family and I'd happily have 3. If they made a C63 wagon, with a stick, I'd think about it…alas, we just have the C43 here . Do you guys get that down there?)

Interestingly, it seems the reviews on drivability are more positive than the original F8X reviews, even if everyone talks about how ugly the car is.

It really is strange how they decided to go sooooo extreme on looks here.

The weight is also an issue for me. Frankly, I'd look at an M2 for another car if i were looking…..

What else is going on? Anyone recently married/kids? Everyone survive the 'Rona?