06-07-2021, 11:24 PM   #4663
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
yeah, I've only briefly looked at the G80 forum and it seems lots of strong opinions.

i actually took Lucy in for her January service (whoops!) today and was looking at some new 3 series (not an M3, but 440) with the new grille and….in person it looks better than in pictures, I guess, but it is still just not a great looking car.

and, of course, this is the M3 BMW decided to turn into a wagon.

(random aside, as a 3rd family car, I picked up a VW Golf Alltrack this fall so i could easily drive to/from the mountains in winter if i was heading out there on my own….so we are now a 2 wagon family and I'd happily have 3. If they made a C63 wagon, with a stick, I'd think about it…alas, we just have the C43 here . Do you guys get that down there?)

Interestingly, it seems the reviews on drivability are more positive than the original F8X reviews, even if everyone talks about how ugly the car is.

It really is strange how they decided to go sooooo extreme on looks here.

The weight is also an issue for me. Frankly, I'd look at an M2 for another car if i were looking…..

What else is going on? Anyone recently married/kids? Everyone survive the 'Rona?
We do have the C43 here as well as the C63 of course.

The G8x, for the most part is better. Most newer cars are better than the previous one when it comes to certain aspects. It is more stable, less erratic and more planted. Better steering and driving feel.

However, as everyone already said, the G8x lacks feeling and emotion. The ZF8 is no dual clutch and the car is nearly as big as a 5 series at this point. And of course, no one can overlook the fact that the car looks ugly. BMW, as a whole, has been blasted on every social media for how stupid the car looks, or any of their newer cars with that dumb front grille.

When it comes to cars, looks will always be a big part the car. Unfortunately, BMW choose the worse time to shove a very ugly design that pisses people off.

I don't personally believe BMW Corp has anything to do with how aggressive BP mods have been regarding criticisms on the G8x but it is extremely out of the ordinary but the reason why there are far more positive comments and nearly no negative comments is that the mods have banned the negative ones. All the dissenters have been posting on F8x Vs section lol. In fact, one thread grew to 300+ pages and have more views than the entirety of the G8x Sub Section, which is kind of sad.

I can't say I am the reason why minn got a Cayman GTS 4.0 but I would like to say I am part of it My allocation for my own GT4 went through this past weekend. Had a weird and sudden update for my lock in for my car but that was it. Don't think my delivery date will change but I will check later.

That's it. You didn't miss much because the BMW community is cannibalizing itself because of BMW.