View Single Post
      05-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #61
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
Got the call that my car was done. They ended up replacing the right front strut and right front sensor again. Speaking with the SA when I picked it up, he said they replaced it, because that's what engineering wanted them to do. The faults that the sensor is throwing are "plausibility faults" which, when I inquired, means that "they don't know why its throwing the faults". Their latest theory is that the track tires somehow send the strut/sensor out of "bounds", but when he continued on to say "maybe they skip/skid more than OEM tires" I dismissed that theory since the R888 are much stickier actually.

I don't want to sound too critical of the dealership. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to say "we don't know what is wrong" which that is basically what they are doing for now. The dealership has put in a lot of effort trying to figure out what exactly the issue is, but unfortunately it seems to be above their knowledge base to found the answer. A "PUMA" case has been started and they still are encouraging me to track the car more so that it might help them find an answer. Even mentioned maybe having a field engineer go with me to the track, but surely blowing smoke on that.

Anyway, happy to have my car back. I might test it at an early morning test and tune on June 20th, but really nothing much going on here in Phoenix for the summer with the heat.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 3199
Size:  274.1 KB
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889

Last edited by MaynardZed; 05-11-2015 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0