View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #2844
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Wow, last week I took a pic of the Sunset over the Mt. Hamilton observatory in the diablo mountains (east bay, silicon valley) and looked at it today - holy shit! #california

full sized version is insane (web version is a bit dark)
I used to live just to the left at the base of those mountains. Went to Milpitas HS for a while in the late 80s before we moved down to Camarillo.

Also, my wife passed on the X3M, she wasn't ready for a SUV and was actually a bit turned of by the seats (narrow bottom). She also said she wasn't a fan of how "jumpy" she said the car felt when hitting the gas nor the amount of M adjustable stuff etc. It is the first time ever I think I/we've gone to pick up a car and didn't. I even ordered a winter set from Tire Rack and I'll have to return those now, which I've never done. Luckily they are still wrapped and were never put on the vehicle.

But, she drove a S5 sportback and she absolutely loved that. We found out we can put both of our (daughters and mine) hockey bags/sticks back there no problem. It is amazing the space it has in that hatch so we bought our fist Audi last night. Sorry Lups, but you don't talk to me anymore now anyway so at least you have a reason now.

The good thing is that it is quite bit cheaper (64k MSRP - 12k in discounts/rebates) and the winter set was half that of the X3Ms. The seats are a lot more comfortable and they have a massaging function, which was the nail in the coffin for the X3M as far as my wife was concerned. It is actually somewhat fun/sporty to drive to.

Edit: Gruss, I believe the base money factor for BMW was .00142 or 3.4%. Higher than last month, but the rebates were higher as well. By the time you are ready Trump will most likely have trashed the economy and rates will be 0 etc.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
Lups11824.50