View Single Post
      05-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #34
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I didn't miss anything. I just think your hardline stance and opinion on what constitutes affordability is misguided.

I love how this is always the rationale for putting down less money and financing more. Like there are so many 100% safe investments out there which yield a high return thereby making it foolish to use cash elsewhere. This is much more of an academic answer than a real world and practical answer imo.

And finally, nowhere did I mention that overall cost of ownership was not important. However, that is only realized once you dispose of the vehicle. For the ownership period though, most people budget in terms of monthly cash outflow. This is what I was referring to when I mentioned the down payment can be used to manage monthly payment.
Late to this but I agree 100% and what always interests me in these types of threads are the hard lines people take. Like what they do is the end all to be all for anyone and everyone and a holier than thou attitude when it comes to the right way to buy or finance a car.
Appreciate 0