View Single Post
      03-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #146
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyeahbro69 View Post
I will mount up a wheel tonight and snap some pics for you. With a 10mm spacer, the room between the inner rim and strut is very small. I can hardly fit my finger in there. I will do my best to get an actual measurement for you. I think a 5mm spacer won't give enough room.
haha i went and measured my finger with an iwanson gauge ... my pointer finger's around 7 mm thick .. i was thinking that you could probably get pretty darn close to the shock without a problem because during travel it shouldn't get too close but i guess during alignment adjustments maybe it could? i don't know enough about that.. kinda like (in my head) how small of a tolerance the wheeler-to-caliper gap is without an issue.

anyway - you don't have to go through the trouble for photos although it may be helpful for the other guys. it's hard for me to know which way to go it seems like everyone's making good points, but i'm guessing most people's input has fallen within the range of acceptable.

18x10et33 square with 275/35/18 NT01 and 10mm spacers in front ... final answer for me.

we really should get a sticky compile a thread of who runs what that has/has-not worked... lol. i really appreciate all the input here though ... thanks again guys!

Appreciate 0