View Single Post
      03-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
Smiley913
Rep
Drives: Something that Runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCsquared View Post
I see what you're saying but the M4 will be a 3300+lbs car with 430 CLAIMED horsepower figures (we know how BMW has been conservative with their ratings). The M4 will surely be faster than the Z28 in a straight line, and the track portion is to be seen.

Not sure how you're saying the M4 is slower than the Z28 already, unless you know something we don't. Its quite possible the M4 may prove to be slower, however we just can't say that yet.
I do admit some dyno run shows higher hp than manufactures claimed. However, I think the manufacture’s horsepower number is more reliable than dyno number. The manufactures test the engine in a controlled room (temp, humility, etc.) and only with the engine connected to the testing machine. This method is far more reliable than any dyno. Second, I just don’t see any reason a manufacture would underrate their engine. It’s more of the opposite case. I can see manufactures overrating their engine because hp sells cars.

None of us know how the M4 will perform but one can make logical guesses. Here is my logic: assumes the M4 will be slower than the E92 M3 GTS. The GTS is way off the z/28 pace. Therefore, M4 is way off the z/28 pace.
Appreciate 0