View Single Post
      02-04-2020, 01:55 AM   #76
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

I was wondering about changing my DCT fluid also just to keep it new. But, as mentioned BMW says the fluid is lifetime so that typically means 100k. I spoke to my SA who is a bmw enthusiast and he says he would recommend 60-70k miles.

One thing I do know is never do a flush. When I used to run AMG's Ive heard guys doing a flush. But, end up messing up a perfect transmission. The powerful flushes dislodge dirt in all kinds of nooks and crannies of your trans and end up clogging up your lines and then you can start to have all kinds of issues, chasing your tail and costing you bookoo bucks.

Knowing this. I only did drain and refills with new fliter and gasket at proper intervals and never had any issues with my AMG. I mentioned this to my SA and he knew exactly what I was talking about and said he always advises no flushes! He said changing DCT fluid before 60-70k is unnecessary. So I decided to skip that for now because I will be installing dodson sportsman plus DCT clutches at some point during the engine mods. So, I'll do the DCT fluid then.

Just my 2 cents.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 1
THEROK1267.50