View Single Post
      03-14-2022, 09:22 PM   #5
godkin826
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoes View Post
Is eurocharged doing a custom tune for you or is it just an OTS? Any particular reason why your going with eyrocharged? And why stage 1?
These tunes are difference makers for sure but honestly a stage 1 or even 2 is not such a big difference you need to compensate in other areas. Stage 1 will get boring real quick.
I got my '18 m4 comp in august. It had a stage 1 already on it. I drove it for 3 days and bought the stage 2 from bm3. The stage 2 wasn't a kick in the seat difference compared to stage 1 but it definitely felt stronger all around. Then after 2 weeks I got the stage 2 e30 tune and dynod the car. In Houston heat at 78 degrees it did 490/520. The car is completely stock besides the tune and fuel. So if I was on stage 1 all 93 Oct it would have put down about 465/490..
these stage 1 and 2 OTS tunes are very overblown when it comes to actual numbers. People think, oh I'll get a stage 1 and I'll get 480+ bevsuse Thsts what the website says or Thsts what people on the forums claim. And stage 2 with a downpipes I'll get minimum 520.
The truth is A. You don't need any exhaust modifications for either 3 of the above mentioned tunes. B. Lower your expectations of how fast your car will be C. Don't buy into the hype of a simple OTS tune being this amazing and crazy thing on your csr Thst is going to need other car components to run right and safely.
I'm not at all trying to be negative lol I'm sorry if it's coming off like that. I'm simply saying what most others don't. Yes, you will love the car (my m4 is by far my favorite and fastest car I've ever had) and yes the tune is a must. But the car won't really be "fast" until you get into E85. I'm speaking from personal experience. I recently got the bm3 flex fuel kit and have been trying to get it dialed in over the past 2 weeks. I just did a couple days ago and can say this stage 2 bm3 flex fuel tune w the flex sensor / kit compared to my stage 1 or even 2 tune is miles ahead! No comparison. I'm running e40-e45. Car is still otherwise stock (besides charge pipes) this cost me $200 for the tune (bought the license used) $600 for the kit . So for $800 total I've gained at least 100 hp and I honestly don't even know how much tq from stock. Thsts insane.
If eurocharged is promising you certain numbers make sure they clarify if that's at the wheels or crank. Also have them dyno the car before and after (this is crucial!!) on a stage 1 you should expect around 50hp stage 2 60-70 max over stock and that's being generous. My recommendation is skip the nonsense and go custom. With your tires just put on 285 next time you need to change them. Otherwise besides charge pipes your set. This is why a lot of people buy this car. Literally a tune is all you need.
So it's actually a custom tune, and the reason why I am going with euro charged is they have a authorized dealer near my place that has amazing reviews and they do really good work.

The custom tune is said to do 575hp at the crank, I'll definitely be getting the car dyno tested before and after the tune. Appreciate all your insight and recommendations
Appreciate 0