View Single Post
      12-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #247
Dave2011M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 MR/BLK ZCP

For those of you who keep bringing up the Motortrend test between the E92 M3 and the 2011 5.0 GT have to keep in mind that the M3 used in that test had the Continental Tires on the car, which is hugely inferior to the Mich. PS2 that Motortrend tested the car on before. In fact in the article they noticed and mentioned that skidpad, slalom as well as braking numbers were off from their previous test of a E92 M3 without the comp package but it had Mich PS2's.

The Mustang on the other hand had the max performance summer Pirelli PZero tires that come with the Brembo brake package, a tire that is also available for the M3. I wish they tested the cars with the same tires as these are great dry tires. I had a set of these on my Porsche 997S.

Also, in the Lightning lap of America the M3 was almost 4 sec. faster than the Brembo equipped Mustang.

I'm not bashing the Mustang, I love Mustangs and I can seriously consider the new Mustang a worthy replacement for my 2013 M3 if I decide to sell at the end of the lease.

I did cross shop a Mustang with the M3 as my finances were tight at the time, I still boned up for the M3, so I put my money where my mouth is.

Ford is making huge strides in the interior department as well, I just bought my wife a new Ford Escape Titanium. The interior is very nice, and well put together. I think My Ford Touch is a mess, and I can't believe I am saying on how much I miss iDrive over the My Ford Touch.

I see the new Mustang has this and I hope they clean up the interface, which looks like they didn't, and really simplify this.

Also, keep in mind you are not seeing production Mustangs. You are seeing pre-production models as the new Mustang won't be out for almost another year.

I don't want a FI car for my road car, love normally aspirated. The new Mustang with what basically now has the older Boss 302 engine should be in the 440hp range. Ford didn't mention actual power numbers only more than 420 (which is what the garden variety 5.0L Coyote motor produces). This car will weight as much as the new M4 with as much if not more horsepower and equal torque but normally aspirated...a winner in my book.

Dave
Appreciate 0