View Single Post
      12-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #154
WallieX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jahre IB G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
You are a minority here. Probably the only guy who sold an M3 and moved back to a 335 (here being here in this particular forum, not here in bimmerpost).

I have owned 4 BMWs, 2 M3s (1 E46 and this), and I have owned my current M3 for 3 years. So yes I may be a new member here, but not new to BMW.

MAJORITY of the current M3 owners did not (and does not) like the direction BMW took with the ///M divison. MAJORITY of the NON-M3 owners (you not owning an M3 right now also supports this claim as you didn't like the direction they took with the current engine) DISLIKE the V8 hence they like the new car. You could put up a poll in the main page and you will see this is the truth.

My point was, if you have no intentions to buy an M3, your opinion is irrelevant. You are not in that group of people because you do want to buy an M3.
You seem to make a lot of faulty generalizations and also rush to conclusions with little or no supporting evidence.

I do not own an M3.
I like the E9x M3.
I love V8s.
I love the new M3.
I prefer a V8 to a 6-cylinder but I also like more power.
I'll be buying the new M3/4 and not the old one unless I move to Porsche.

Why would I be buying the new M3 if I prefer V8s? Based on every new M being better than the previous generation and the spec of the new one, the new one will be better in every measurable objective way.

There's no denying that I would have preferred the engine being a V8 due to the engine sound but the engine sound alone is not what I yearn for. A car has to play its part, and the M3 is meant to be a practical sport car, which means that it must feel, drive, look, move and sound like one.

The new one is designed by the same people that designed the E9X and now has more power, less weight, improved materials, improved electronics, and improved acceleration; it is bound to be better.

Also, some people are erroneously concluding that because the new M3 has more in common with the base 3 series than the E9X that that means the E9x is more special. Not necessarily true. Could it be that the base 3 series improved so much over the prior model that only incremental changes are needed for the new M3? I would love to think that BMW, with two generations of engine data, has learnt enough to make the 3.0 turbo bulletproof.
Appreciate 0