View Single Post
      10-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #1
shoman22
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

Engine is dead - BMW says I overreved it

This post's for loyal BMW fans like myself. This past August, I purchased a 2016 M3 with 6MT. Two weeks later I was driving down the highway, my service light came on and the car came to a complete stop. I towed it to the nearest dealership. I had complained to the dealership that I felt something was off with the vehicle I’d only driven for 2 weeks and my gut feeling was right, the engine gave out and I was left without a car.

They took the car in the next day and a week later they call me saying the car needs a WHOLE NEW ENGINE and -the best part- BMW didn’t want to cover any of it. Apparently, the car was “over reved” so they wouldn’t cover it, despite being 2 weeks old with less than 5,000 miles. I had the car towed to the dealership I bought it from, assuming I’d get better customer service, but instead I wasn’t even given a loaner car. I was thrown in circles from the case manager to the dealership and at last, they have a solution! They want to give me $5,000 towards a $40,000 repair. My warranty is 50,000 miles or 4 years….neither that I had reached.

So here’s the dilemma: I had a brand new car for 2 weeks, that brand new car has been sitting at the dealership for 2 weeks (except now they want me to pick it up because it’s taking up space and they don’t want it there) not the dealer or the corporate office have a solution, and I’m still left without a car. I had read a similar case where the owner did get his car fixed so I’m reaching out to all of you to help me out and give me advice. What next steps should I take?
Appreciate 0