Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Where did you get that number from?

All I have read so far is BMW quoting 80kg (175lbs) less than a similarly equipped E92...

When I weighed my well optioned M3 (DCT, Nav, premium sound, CF roof) with a full tank, it came to 3688 lbs. Our numbers line up pretty well: 3550lb + 45lb (DCT) + 50lbs (½ tank of fuel) = 3645 (33lb variance).
I was working off this article (I'm posting the link from Edmunds.com, but I doubt they wrote it, because I've seen a nearly identical article from numerous other sources):

"The lightest version of the new cars will weigh less than 3,307 pounds...."
From: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014...-revealed.html

So, to be fair, I was really working off my assumption that the lightest E92 M3's were about 3550 lbs, and this "3307 lb' quoted figure chopped off about 250 lbs. My article is also 2 months old now; is there a new "best reference" on expected weight for this thing? I always prefer to see them actually quoting curb weight versus simply telling us "XXX" lbs lighter, since that just leads us all to argue about how much the E9X M3 weighed.

And yeah, looks like our weights agree. I'm about to make a major move across country, so I'll be weighing my car empty and loaded (with house items; work compensates me to an extent for the move) on certified scales again. I'll be interested to see if there's any significant variance between my previous weighing (on certified scales) and this weighing.
Appreciate 0