10-22-2019, 10:24 AM   #112
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
^^ what you could do if you wanted to keep the quad exhaust tips is to route that pipe similar to this (this is what I had in mine to do on mine)

obviously the bends would be smoother than what my hacked drawing shows lol. Essentially get rid of the OE resonator/H-pipe, run new pipes, add length to the shorter side to equalize it more (doesn't have to be 100%, actually a slightly off-set would give it a slight growl, think R32 VR6-like since every other exhaust bank on there's is offset a few inches when the pulses reach the manifolds), and have it merge right before the OEM muffler in an offset fashion.

I'll have to take pics of this when I get mine completed. Hopefully it'll be easy to create and only one try. It really shouldn't be more than $200 to have an exhaust shop complete this.

Actual PIC of the OE set-up from underneath the car (was trying to replicate the OE set up in the top drawing above):

Gotcha. I thought of that, but then he mentioned that the front DP is ~13-15 inches longer than the other, so I didn't see how to add that full length back in the position you drew up. But geez, if all it takes is a few bends and a res delete, I'd rather go that route anyways. But if full equal length is needed, I'm happy to go single exit. I'm such a sucker for the huge N1 style fartcans anyways. Don't care what people think of it if it'll sound anything like the glorious RB
Appreciate 0