View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #92
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepp0012 View Post
I feel like I'm the only one who is totally appalled by how cheap the materials are in the F30 (and I presume F32). That whole center tunnel is just cheap hard plastic. In E9x it's much better quality. The leather feels like a downgrade to me too.

BMW is cheaping out on materials while jacking the prices up. I'm having a hard time seeing myself paying for a new F3x/F8x unless they fix the rental car grade interiors.

Why is no one else outraged by this?!
I went to see the new 4 series a few days back and I hate to say this but Chevys and Hyundais have better quality interiors these days. My 6er and the new 3/4 series don't even look like they're from the same brand. Heck the E89 Z4 has an interior that looks and feels much more expensive than the F30/32. Mercedes offers better interiors in all it's classes whereas to get the same on a BMW you have to get a 6 or 7 series. Nothing else compares - even the new X5 has a soft plastic dash - feels like the interior of my 5.0 Mustang. Why pay so much for mediocre products?

The only BMWs I'd consider buying are the 6, 7 and Z4, which is why I bought two of those 3. Other than that, money is better spent elsewhere like Porsche or Mercedes. BMW is giving its fans a really hard time to stay loyal. I really hope Mercedes, Cadillac and Lexus destroy BMW's sales so they can go back to making quality cars that made me fall in love with the brand.
Appreciate 0