View Single Post
      10-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #162
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by einscot View Post
Thank you so much - I was beginning to get more discouraged that everyone I've talked to already was laughing about the December allocation. "Well, we just gave that one away yesterday" type responses.
One of the dealers can correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding that the allocations are issued out at the beginning of each month, so you may want to start calling around next week (I could be wrong about this, but I gathered this from conversations with one of the high volume dealers on here). But yes, it's highly likely that those allocations have build weeks in the distant future.

Your miles may vary, but to put it into perspective from my case: My build completed on 10/4, while scheduled to hit the shore on 10/28, the earliest Monday PCD delivery I could have scheduled was 12/2 (although my local dealer would have received it nearly a month prior). I do know that Monday's and Friday's are in scheduling demand, so doing a Tuesday through Thursday date may help you a bit, I didn't bother inquiring on those dates though.

Regardless, it's not a quick process by any means but the PCD option at least gives you the option to source out from dealers all over the country. As far as negotiation, the PCD portion doesn't really factor in besides letting them know that you're shopping around. Look at the pricing guides on here to get an idea of what invoice pricing is and work your way from there.