View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
JPOWER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 BLK VERT(F83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
Good Evening everyone, long time lurker here and in process of looking into a 2017 F83 with all options 9k miles, but it has the CCB on it. I was curious if the extra 250kgs in the rear helped with the traction on this car or extra wear on the CCB brakes because of the weight? I know people say the extra weight slows the car down, but is it that much significant difference in acceleration? I'm not planning to track this car, just an occasional driving and trips.

I've heard to replace the CCB is very expensive if you track the car, I don't plan on tracking the car as my wife and I will be driving it less than 5k a year. Can I replace the CCB to steel brakes afterwards? What is the cost to convert to Steel brake system?

Anything else to look out for?
If you are looking to beat other tuned F80 or F82 then don't get the convertible. the Weight does indeed make a difference with another car with the same mods/tune as you. By no means am I saying the F83 slow since I am FBO with a stage 3 Tune from DME which is fast enough to sauce a lot of cars and being able to drop the top on a nice day or evening to me is priceless. I Would totally trade you my brake system for the CCB'S if you prefer that Steel Brake System
Appreciate 0