Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3f80sf2ny
I have read a lot of comments about the true cause of brake vibration being pad deposits instead of warped rotors.

So my questions are:

1) In practice, how can one reliably distinguish between pad deposit from truly warped rotors? Supposedly pad deposits also result in thickness variation?

2) What kind of driving or other mechanical defect would cause rotors to warp?
I don't know, but I'm super pissed at BMW for f@cking up the steel brakes on this car.

They did it right in the E90/92, those were the best stock brakes I have ever had on a car. They were rock solid with no issues and grip for days.

Maybe they dumbed down the F80/82 brakes because of the CCB option, I don't know, but they used to be awesome. Now they suck.
Wow, you really have nothing good to say about this car.

You are also the only person I recall who thinks the brakes on the E9X were better than this iteration.
I am just honest in my opinions. For the cost of this car and how's it's billed, I expect certain things to be done right.

The pad / rotor materials don't go well together, which causes groaning and vibrations.

The suspension has sloppy rebound and doesn't give confidence.

The chassis has poor traction and is undertired.

The traction control / stability control system is very weak and intrusive.

These are ALL things that should be a non-issue in a $80k+ M car. I think I have every right for its price point to be pissed.

I'm not saying I hate the car, but they messed up a lot of key things.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 2
hdubf80143.50
Wywrot11.00