View Single Post
      01-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #33
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Here's a model 3 with a basic drop and different wheels I found on Reddit. Just from the pics I don't see how the Taycan is overwhelmingly better looking, but I guess we'll see when the Taycan hits the roads

I love the hyperbole... "watch out when acceleration from a light behind other people.. its SO FAST". It's exactly what a sales person should say, but wow, I would kind of find that insulting.. like, do you think my throttle control is that bad?
Really not expecting it to garner much love on a BMW board, but come on, a Type 3?????

I am sure you could snap enough photos and do a little photoshopping to make anything look kind of okay. There are several Type 3s I see every day in my parking garage. They look cheap and econo, but they are so cannot really fault them for that.

RE Acceleration

I kind of took that as a negative rather then positive hype, but make total sense to me given what the 0-30 numbers could look like.

RE Rear End

I actually really thought the rear of the Taycan was very well down, especially the lower valance area. I thought it looked better than the 992 actually, especially in white with the white lower trim piece.

It's all subjective, but I cannot think of another 4 door out there except maybe that AMG GT63 that I think looks better in the flesh. BMW sedans fell behind the times years ago and never kept up looks wise.

Last edited by 996ttelise; 01-25-2020 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0