View Single Post
      09-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #11
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

This thread is much like the previous generations.. and all will have their values obliterated. E36 to E46 to E92, E92 to F80. They all will depreciate especially since more and more M cars are being made with each new generation.

When E46 came out, the design was so much different than the lines of the E30 / E36 and people said it got too soft, heavy, and rounded, and BMW was losing its way.

When the E9x came out, everyone was saying E46 would retain value because they were the last of the timeless classic look pre bangle influenced look, had better interior, and were smaller / lighter.

When F8X came out, it was the criticism of the turbo 6, and how the marvelous 8 cylinder s65 would make the values hold since BMW lost its way with the EPS and going to some weedwacker turbo. etc

we are here_____ now

In the mean time I've already seen my F8X value get decimated so I guess from here on out it won't be as bad of a loss (5 years into ownership).

My 2 cents, drive your F8X. Enjoy it. Understand it is a horrible investment and be at peace with it. In 5-6 years we will be talking about how the G8X will hold their value because the H8X will be hybrid / EV and the G8X will the last of the pure M cars. If i'm around I will remind you all how our F8X values got crushed still lol

Last edited by JamesGames; 09-26-2020 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 7