11-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
rnguyennnn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

1005WHP M4 Build

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
With the year coming to an end and people buying stuff for Black Friday/Christmas, i've decided to post all the details on my build. Every mod to my car is listed, what challenges i had to go through to get here and what i predict is next for the platform. I hope this helps as there have been a lot of people messaging me regarding my car and asking help on how to make power reliably.

Disclaimer: This is my first modded car. All work was done by Cedar-Performance here in Dallas.

Performance/Transmission
CarBahn Stage 2 engine
Headgames valve spring kit
CSF Front race, top mount and DCT cooler
MAXPSI silicone charge pipes
MAXPSI J-pipe
Fuel-It Stage 4
- Split second AI6 flash controller
EOS Intake Manifold
- Injector Dynamic's 1050x Injectors
Brisk QR08S Silver Racing Spark plugs
Kratos KRASS55Bi turbos
SSP custom clutches
SSP Billet Transmission Pan
SSP Viton Gasket
SSP Transmission Filter
DSS Driveshaft
DSS Axles
Ohlins R&T Coilovers
Fall-Line Motorsports Race Toe Link Kit
SPL Ti Rear Upper Links
SPL Ti Rear Traction Links
BMS Intake modified w/ ASR Filters
Fabspeed High Flow Catless Downpipes
Fabspeed Exhaust
Brembo GT BBK
- 6 piston 380x34mm front
- 4 piston 380x28mm rear
- Type 3 Rotors

I first started with FBO and a BM3 tune. I got into the platform when flash tuning was just released from BM3. I was pushing around 500-550whp/500wtq at the time with a custom tune from Paul Johnson.

I decided to add Pureturbos Stage 2 Hiflows next, build the motor, upgrade the clutches, Fuel-It kit, and add DSS's axles + driveshaft as well as BMS intakes after that. CarBahn addresses the crank hub issue themselves so i did not need to look at any other options regarding spinning my crank hub.

After installation and tuning, i got to 730whp/750wtq. This is where challenges were found as there were only a handful of people pushing this much power at the time with a built engine. I ran into valvefloat and everyone else did as well around 7-800ish WHP. With valvefloat, you could turn up the boost all you want but no gains would be made.

Two companies were working on a valvespring kit at the time. MAXPSI and Headgames. Headgames had a completed kit first so i went with theirs. Mike did a great job with his kit as well and offered me theirs before it went to the public. With the valvespring upgrade, the car made slightly over 800whp on the Pureturbo Hiflows.

A few months later, Kratos released their turbos and i upgraded to theirs. They do have a new turbo manifold with their setup and that is what allowed my car to get where it is now combined with proper fueling. While tuning, i found a leak in my Evolution Raceworks chargepipes and replaced them with MAXPSI's silicone ones. I also had to modify my intakes as i kept getting MAF errors. After that, it was smooth sailing with tuning in 90F weather here in Dallas at about 2500DA.

The last time the car was on the dyno, it made 1005whp/863wtq on Ignite Red tuned by Paul Johnson. I do not have difficulty with traction unless my tires are stone cold. Dialing in traction by RPM is the best way to go at this power level as dialing it in boost by gear reduces too much power throughout the gear. For example, i have zero issues in the beginning of 3rd gear at 3500rpm but once i hit 6kish, it'll spin out of control violently. I've made A LOT of adjustments around 6-7k RPM.

Right now, the platform is still young but i do not see it going much further until we get better control over the TCU and someone can crack the Flex Ray. ECUTEK is picking up in regards to tuning the platform and this gives us more options such as flex fuel but until the TCU is cracked, the platform will be limited. Again, this is what i think about the platform given how deep i am in it.

I will try to answer as many questions as possible in this thread. I've attached pictures of the build and i am still turning my car up incase you're wondering

I'll have the new stuff posted on my Instagram @RNGUYENNNN along with videos. It's a lot easier posting on there than here.
Attached Images

Instagram: ZUUUPRA_M4N

Last edited by rnguyennnn; 11-26-2019 at 05:23 AM..
Appreciate 43