View Single Post
      12-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #51
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post

Swamp, the S65 is weak relative to other M motors BMW has produced, and the N54 as well. The S54 and N54 have been proven to make 700+ whp reliably. A 600 whp S65 appears to be a time bomb. Yes, I see them...but I also see them blow up. A 700 whp stock S65 would maybe last for a single pull. There has yet to be a single engine failure with a a single turbo powered N54 over 600 whp and obviously the E46 M3s are well documented in their power-making abilities.

You S65 guys might as well start getting it out of your systems, but the F8X M3 is going to decimate any performance records the E9X chassis M3 has set, just like the E46 and E36 platforms did as well. Mark my words. An inline 6 architecture with an overbuilt engine and drivetrain is the perfect platform for making as much power as you want. I'm bookmarking this thread so I can use it for crow-eating purposes down the road
what percentage of owners care about taking a cushy luxury / sporty car that really is made for DD'ing with some track use to 1000008498465 HP? this characteristic is basically irrelevant. there are so many better cars for big HP builds other than these.

quite honestly, even if you were right that certain M cars can make 800HP more easily than others, who cares? the 50 total people ever who may try to make that kind of power?

I also like turbo cars and think the f80 m3 is going to be great, but not for any of the reasons you mention here. I could care less about how easy it is to make massive power. where are you going to use it? and how streetable will the car be?

EDIT : and are you really talking about HPF m3's being reliable? The ones on standalone ECUs built by the company who is now out of business? That's really not a streetable car anymore and has a totally built engine.

Last edited by Black Gold; 12-16-2013 at 07:13 AM..
Appreciate 0