12-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #71
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
yep, basically without the merge, it will sound like two 3-cylinder engines competing for noise, basically how a stock car or aftermarket mid-piped car sounds like currently.

as for the stock muffler design, there is little merging effects on it, both sides are independent of each other (meaning there isn't a crossover effect as the pulses never meet each other).

On that note, I do wonder how the importance it is to even remove the OE crossover section, technically since the flow through there already contains un-equally spaced pulses flowing through the crossover, would it even matter to delete this entirely? Couldn't you just leave that on there and run the U-bend and re-merge them again in equally spaced pulses after that section and achieve the same result? Since the waves are all traveling at the same rate, that would tell me that the OE crossover section wouldn't even impact the sound quality we are after because you can still evenly space them and merge them at the back of the differential.

Just a thought in case anyone wants to try something 'new' compared to a what I or a few of us did

Here are my prototype pics, they aren't pretty looking (warning...)

CLICK ME

Last edited by spool twice; 12-09-2019 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0