melanthius
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanthius View Post
I don't think I'm boiling anything, I have fresh SRF fluid, the SS pistons, Ti shims... I tracked it yesterday and still get mushy pedal that persists well after the track session. I need to replace front pads, and I'm going to have the shop do another full bleed + ISTA DSC/ABS bleed, if that doesn't give me a firm pedal I'll try recalibration thing... then the only place left to go is full BBK.

The kit I got from racing brake included the high temp seals and dust boots.

Definitely SS is a superior material choice for the pistons, and has lower thermal conductivity than aluminum, and is less compliant, plus the little ridges reduce the contact area compared to a complete circle, which also is directly proportional to heat transfer capability. So there's lots of benefits there, it's not just marketing. The question is the OEM caliper itself, I think a lot of the compliance in the system is coming from this. That is probably one of the more noticeable things on BBK is just much higher stiffness of the caliper + overall system.

My calipers are still blue... will update if it changes though
What rotors?

Changing to fresh pads will improve pedal firmness on its own. Maybe try that before the complete flush?

But I agree that a BBK is invitable if your fast and driving extended sessions on slick tires.

Personally, I see a lot of people buying fancy BBKs way before they have outgrown the blue boys.
Oem rotor
Appreciate 0