Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
I get that. But I run subs in my car now not to impress anyone but because I like good clean bass. I keep windows rolled up, though I'm sure people around me are rolling their eyes. I put this in the same category as loud exhausts. Sounds bad ass to me, but probably annoys some people. With that said, I've had so many people approve and give me thumbs up for my loud exhaust.

On the one hand, I get it that it seems juvenile. On the other hand, part of maturing is, of course, being comfortable enough in your own skin to not give a fvck about what others think.
I ran subs. Lots of subs. The thing about bass is that you tend to not "hear" bass as much as highs, so we can tend to turn it up, which actually causes more damage than usual. I was a bass freak at a young age, I liked to bump the music, like you not necessarily for others to hear, but for me to enjoy. The irony is that now that I am older, I like balanced sounds more. Nowadays I turn the bass down to balanced levels where it doesn't overpower the music. My M3 CS and my i3 both have the Harmon Kardon systems which deliver plenty of bass which I turn to the middle setting. So I wouldn't need subs.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0